Former advisor to President Trump Jason Greenblatt will be speaking at the OurCrowd Global Summit taking place on February 13th.
Greenblatt is the Former U.S. Special Envoy to the Middle East and architect of President Trump’s Peace to Prosperity plan . This will be Greenblatt’s first public appearance in Israel since the “Deal of the Century” was unveiled at the White House in January. The Plan is described as a “vision to improve the lives of the Palestinian and Israeli people.” Greenblatt departed the White House last fall.
The OurCrowd Summit is the largest event of its kind. Not only is it the largest tech event to take place in Israel but it is the largest crowdfunding focused event anywhere in the world.
According to OurCrowd, more than 20,000 people have registered to participate in the Summit. Investors, entrepreneurs, corporate executives, and venture capitalists have registered from more than 180 countries, many of them visiting Israel for the first time.
As most people know, Israel has emerged as a hot-bed of innovation and entrepreneurship. According to a report, Israeli tech raised a record high amount of $8.3 billion in 2019. The Fintech sector boomed as well.
Regarding OurCrowd, it has emerged as a key investor in many of these early-stage firms. Since 2014, 36 of OurCrowd’s portfolio companies have exited either via an IPO or been purchased by another company.
Crowdfund Insider will be covering the event next week so more to follow.
Other speakers at the annual event include:
- Saul Singer, Author, ‘Start-Up Nation’
- Ronald Kruszewski, Chairman & CEO, Stifel Financial Corporation
- Jun Sawada, President & CEO, NTT Holdings
- Dr. Dave Mosley, CEO, Seagate Technology
- Prof. Ruth Arnon, Immunology Researcher, former President of the Israel Academy of Sciences
- Aharon Aharon, CEO, Israel Innovation Authority
- Dr. Ferid Murad, Nobel Laureate in medicine, Board Member SaNOtize
- Michael Eisenberg, Co-Founder & Equal Partner, Aleph
- Mitch Garber, Chairman, Investor, Cirque du Soleil
- Isaac Herzog, Chairman, Jewish Agency for Israel
- Marta Plana, Board Member, FC Barcelona
- Jim Adler, Managing Director, Toyota AI Ventures
- Michael Sutherland, Chief Transformation Officer, Real Madrid CF
- Keren Elazari, Cybersecurity Security Analyst, Author & Researcher